How can you help or donate?
- The Foundation accepts individual donations and recognizes the categories (below). All donations to the Southern Tennis Patrons Foundation are tax deductible.
- If you would like to make a gift of stocks to the STPF, please contact Scottrade with a reference to the account #74400063, DTC #0705. If you hold certificates, please contact Winky Olson at the USTA Southern Section Office (770-368-8200) for mailing instructions for Scottrade.
- If you are interested in creating a Charitable Remainder Trust or other Estate Planning options to benefit the STPF, please contact Winky Olson at (770) 368-8200.
Where does your money go?
- Your support assists junior players with tournament and camp fees, as well as, providing educational scholarships.
- The STPF awards grants to individuals and worthy organizations, such as the Special Olympics Southeast Region Tournament and the Adopt-A-Court matching grant programs. In addition, grants have been awarded for special tennis needs, such as Hurricane Katrina.
The applicant will determine the amount of the grant request. The minimum grant is $1,000 in year one; the maximum grant is $5,000 in year one. The grant will be awarded in consecutive years with the second year being 50% of the amount awarded in year one. A second year grant will be offered if the program meets or exceeds goals and the program continues. Matching funds are not required.
The grant is intended for organizations/programs that provide grass roots tennis in communities of all sizes. Examples are 10U programs, Junior Team Tennis leagues, School and After School programs, NJTL, Special Populations, etc. Adult programs (other than Special Populations) do not qualify.
Grant applications will be distributed to CTA’s and other potential organizations by e-mail and by individual contact from state staff and Tennis Service Representatives. Programs must be focused on growing tennis at the grass roots/local level and educating the public on good sportsmanship, character and the health benefits tennis provides. Participation goals and expectations will be required.
Deadline, Notification & Award
Decisions will be made by the Southern Tennis Patrons Community Grants Committee and approved by the state. The most deserving applications as determined by the STPF Grants Committee will be selected for funding within budget and without consideration of equal state distribution. All grant applicants will be notified and funding provided on or before April . An in-person meeting with the state TSR prior to the start of the program is required.
Grant recipients will be selected by the Southern Patrons Foundation Community Grants Committee and must be approved by the state. The major criteria will include:
- Potential growth
- Education of the benefits tennis can offer for a healthy lifestyle
- Continuity in the communities served
All grants recipients must be accountable for the proper use of these funds. All applications must include goals and these goals must be measurable, either through growth in USTA membership or through participation numbers. Accountability forms must be received by the following January for recipients to be eligible for the second year grant. Recipients who perform well in comparison to their goals and expectations will qualify for a second year grant. Recipients who do not complete a first year accountability form will not be eligible for the second year grant. For further information contact Jones@sta.usta.com.