Doris Jane Hart, Florida, inducted in 1981
- Began playing tennis as therapy for knee infection during childhood that nearly crippled her for life.
- Winner of 35 major championships (Australian, French, Wimbledon, United States.)
- Won all 12 of the Grand Slam titles at least once.
- Ranked in the U.S. top ten for 14 consecutive years 1942-1955.
- Ranked number one in the United States in 1954-55 and top ten in the world for ten consecutive years.
- Won singles, doubles, and mixed doubles at Wimbledon in 1951, losing only one set in two weeks.
- Won the French doubles with Shirley Fry five straight times in 1959-1954.